Tuesday, July 4

getting ready

It feels like my days are on fast-forward recently. I'm getting ready for so many little departures--a residency in two weeks, teaching classes again beginning tomorrow, the SPC, heading to Portland in August, and of course the big one in September. All the news gets in the way of living sometimes.

Need to slow down.

Need to spend time with this guy, working on some new projects with him. Like, for example,


And to spend time working, doing the sort of dull things, like cataloging and documenting. And documenting and documenting. But even the dull things can come out lovely, like this:


Not sure how much more I'll have time for in terms of this-here blog until after the afore-mentioned SPC. One of my best friends is home from France and my mom's coming over to see the new apartment, and of course there is a ton of sewing and last-minute pasting-together to be done. But I'll be back, with tons of photos, next week for sure!

(Fairy rings!)

Edit: I just watched this trailer, which is for a film my friend is making. Go check it out. It's moving--and beautiful--and frightening.

9 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Enjoy your week, Eireann! The photos are beautiful as usual.

7:49 AM  
Blogger The Worsted Witch said...

I am overwhelmed with the cuteness of the fairy ring!

I've always wanted a letterpress machine :)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love love love those shoes!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet shoes + pincushions.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those shoes !

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Oh these shoes just look beautiful LOL Like the magician in Oz !! Happy week to you :) PS: did you find the name of my secret ribbon pal ?? I'm so sad :( !! Smooches

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh fairy rings!!! Almost as good as cashmere :)

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at the show! See you Saturday. . .perhaps I'll be in a lovely skirt made by some wonderful little designer, bara, or something like that. . .

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable fairy ring, good grief.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home