Friday, June 2

poetic sequence

Lynn Emanuel is in town, and I've only had dinner with her and heard her speak this morning yet but I love working with her already. She was talking about her ideas on the difference between the long poem, the poetic series, and the poetic sequence, and so I think I'll honor that with a series/sequence/long entry of my own device.

Begin at the beginning, and go to the end, and then stop (said the Red Queen, I think). So I will. This is the print I was working on so long ago, back when I had ideas like having a how-to entry every week. It's huge! It's the biggest print I've made. And I never really showed the finished work, but here it is--finally framed and up on my wall.

Next, I suppose, would be these lovely girls, whom you may remember from here. They came over to model my summer line one day a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't feel well enough to weed through the photos. But here they are:


And here is one of Liz alone, in a skirt she likes (hi, Liz!):

And then, of course, we move into completely uncharted territory, and have to start thinking about things like this


and this,


as well as the enormous task-lists for the next month as I move and shuffle and reshuffle. Fun tasks, like "finish [REDACTED SECRET PROJECT]" and "make more [REDACTED SECRET PROJECTS]."

And hmmmm, maybe I'll begin posting with regularity again sometime soon. But maybe not. But [REDACTED]. We'll have to [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. If I could wink at you right now, I would. In fact, I am. Wink, wink.

Happy weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Cranston said...

Love your print that you made!
It is stunning.

5:42 AM  
Blogger majamom said...

wow all the creations are beautiful!
XO
MB

12:24 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

wink wink back...

your images are visual poetry!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home