Saturday, June 3

such good things

I read last night at the Loft and the thing is that I never think about reading until I actually have to do it, and then I have little anxiety attacks all day the day of, mostly because I don't want to regret not reading something I should have. St. Procrastinata: I took her name at confirmation. But at the last minute, I decided I would read what I'm good at, which is love poetry, and so I did, and it was just perfect. It really was.

If I could take a photo of this feeling, it might look like this:
which is the most lovely package of trims from Mo, of Froy and Olo fame. How someone who doesn't know me could pick out ribbons that are So Exactly Me, I don't know. I just feel lucky. And spoiled, again (Sally, I haven't photographed your beautiful package yet--soon! tomorrow!), but look at those pink velvet leaves!

Or it might look like this--in the middle of printing an order from a certain Chicken, at this point--and it might just feel the way it does when you say "how about a movie?" and he says, "yeah! that sounds good. want to walk up?" and it is exactly what you want to do.

You know, perfection.

So goodnight.


6 Comments:

Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I know that feeling. Thanks for reminding me.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

i took a look at the first photo and knew exactly what you were describing... how lovely!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you took a picture of how something might feel... cheers, gracia

5:01 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

love that feeling.

hoping the new bell made it safe to you... xo

11:05 AM  
Blogger Shanna said...

hey! email me about the twill tape, pinkrocket at comcast dot net. i'll swap you one of the rolls!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! I had that feeling last night when the cookies I baked worked out for once. Joy.

Also, every time I have to speak in public I turn purple. That's another kind of feeling altogether.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home