Wednesday, June 21

Fanmail from some flounder?

My packages have been temporarily routed to my parents' house, just across town, but I'd forgotten until my mom called on Monday to say I had not one, but two packages, one of which bore the delightful, many-starred Australian airmail logo.

First I opened the one with the KingPod return address.

Do you see the wool felt (I can't believe how much I love it, with its suggestion of all manner of tiny possiblities), the pink pompon trim? The bits of fabric, including one that became a lovely dress? And there are cards from Amy's shop, and Yoshitomo Nara cards, and Pucca stickers, and fancy papers, and it was all wrapped very nicely, until I ripped it apart. That would be the blue in the background: the wrapping paper. Thank you so much, Amy!

And then, the one from Sarah:
Vintage ribbon (I think one of her favorites? Am I right, S.?), and another pretty pretty ribbon, and a grey, pearly button, and a sweet card (thank you especially for this) and a chapter of a book wherein the narrator discusses ribbons. Yes, the perfect novel. Thank you very much, oh red-felt-flowered one!

Tomorrow I leave for New Mexico. No blogging, then, until next week. But I'll leave you with a tantalizing little snippet of what I did yesterday:



And, if you have nothing better to do, you can always vote!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You can't just leave me hanging with those images! I love them and I will stalk you every day until they reveal themselves.


"so long" indeed.

2:58 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

yes, you are right (so glad you liked it) those snippets are dreamy, have a wonderful journey...

6:10 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

very nice mail... and love what you are up to...

have a good trip... we'll miss you!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i must have a ship shirt!

11:46 PM  
Blogger The Worsted Witch said...

I love those shirt designs!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great trip and so glad you got the package safe and sound!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

such wonderful mail! hope you have a wonderfl trip!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Gosh you have the prettiest blog ever. Just stumbled in, I'll make a point of stumbling back.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shirts are the best! I love the pink balloon...lovely!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home