Friday, March 3

coming soon + thinking


Many things asimmer right now. Of course new birds (I just got new mushrooms in the mail, so there will be birds with green, brown, and red mushrooms) and other things like that--and the t-shirts, which are all going to be different, sort of monoprint-y--and shoes and skirts (and ships, yes, and sealing wax, cabbages, and kings, as you might expect). But I'm thinking bigger, too.

Thinking collaborative. Thinking about how we share or don't share--how sometimes it feels like a talent show and not like a sisterhood. How that is strange and uncomfortable. How there are weird hierarchies or 'circles,' as I've heard them referred to. How to maybe change that, a little.

Thinking, too, about something special, something full of surprises. A treat for you or for a friend, for a birthday or graduation or any old day. To do with this:

or things like it. Vintage kimono fabric, vintage cottons, ribbon, trim, lace, vintage notions, buttons, upholstery fabric, thread, felting supplies, tiny things I've made, vintage millinery items, paper flowers.

Thinking about the fact that it is spring break in a week and I will have hours and hours of uninterrupted sewing/making time. Thinking about getting to hang out with two women who seem Great on Saturday the 10th. Thinking about having tea soon with the owner/buyer of my favorite shop. Thinking about printing all day one day soon.

Thinking about how I do generally like the world. Happy weekend.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it can feel more like a talent show than a sisterhood. Thanks for putting this idea into words. It gave me something to think about.

8:12 PM  
Blogger blissmama said...

What wonderful thoughts, thank you. I love your blog, your creations, and ideas. Will you be doing any more art with saints? Loved them.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

i couldn't agree more - i'm having similar feelings!

6:43 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

ahhhh right there w/ you.... i owe you an email... on the way!

looking forward to what percolates!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

sisterhood, what a pleasant thought. now I'm thinking too....

BTW, got my little birdie. I adore her. xo.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post, I keep thinking about what my role is in blogging & what part I play in the "heirarchy" & it's a bit of an unsettling thought.
I'd love one of your birdies, is there a chance you'd email me once one becomes available?! Do you have a little email newsletter for when your shop opens?!btw, I loved chatting with you on google the other day :D

4:47 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

what lovely photos and thoughts, thank-you for the link, quite unexpected and a sweet surprise, happy weekend too...

6:07 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

hello all of you, and thank you for your sweet, thoughtful responses.

abbyjane: yes--I had a hard time for the longest time putting my finger on it, but this simple explanation fits for me.

pinknest: thank you!! saints, yes. always. when I have time to paint, there will be saints.

emily: what a lovely piece of synchronicity/synaesthesia (synintellectia?);). thank you.

sue: :) i must still eamil you re: swap. i can't get your hats out of my head.

lisa: :)! I worked on your skirt today!

toni: I'm glad.

amanda, my dear: you are very sweet. birdie awaits you.

and sarah, you are very welcome.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

OMG YOU ARE IN NEET MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE 10!!!!
http://www.neetmagazine.com/

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home