Wednesday, February 22

lucky day


lucky day
Originally uploaded by ohbara.
Today I held conferences all morning, then had an advising meeting. As a treat, I decided to go to a thrift store, even though I felt sure there would be nothing good there. Well--I was wrong! I found a whole bag of buttons (including these, my favorites: the blue wooden ones with stars, and the ones on the "luckyday" cards) for only three dollars! And--as if that weren't enough luck--a bag containing 6 skeins of red mohair yarn for three dollars as well! AND (I know, don't I sound greedy?) a bag of Coats & Clark's perlé embroidery thread for three more dollars.

I also bought a large sweater knit in thick think yarn and have frogged and dyed the sleeves. They each were about 25 yards. Fun, but kind of smelly--wet wool, you know.

Well, things are due to the shops this week and next and so I will be revealing secrets soon. I'll also have a few things up for sale for a couple of days before they go to the shops, so any interested parties have a swing at them early.

(Hurrah!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying for the reveal! What wonderful things you found today. I seem to get luckiest when I'm not feeling motivated to go thrifting but do anyway.

10:22 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

you sound happy! not greedy! :)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home