Thursday, February 23

bara spring collection: biologici


la rosette sold ++++ la primavera

la giallina sold ++++ la princesse sold
(click for larger images!)

These are four of fifteen bird-and-plant corsages, part of the spring collection. They're made of vintage & new millinery items, ribbons from a New York trip a few years ago, and other tiny things I've found and loved (spun-cotton mushrooms, czech glass buttons, tiny paper flowers)

Tomorrow evening this bunch will head over to the shops, but if you'd like one before then, leave a note in the comments & I'll save one out for you. They're USD 22, including priority shipping. International orders, please contact me. They'll arrive in their own special springtime nests, with a few little surprises tucked inside.

----

Non-sequitor: I am in love with any and all versions of the song "There is a Rose in Spanish Harlem" right now: Aretha Franklin's, the Drifters', Ben E. King's. Know of any others?

AND what a surprise it was to see how quickly you-all snapped those birdies up! I'm considering putting a couple more up tomorrow, so if you're looking for a sweet bird corsage, check back then. And thank you!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kati said...

ohmanohmanohmanohmanohman!!! I want to wait and look at the others but I really love those too!!! I love la princesse! Save it for me! Just let me know where to send payment to (via paypal or check - whatever you prefer)

1:09 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

kati! la princesse is yours!! send payment to info AT ohbara DOT com via paypal, and include your address. i'll ship your birdie tomorrow!

and thank you! x 1000000.

1:19 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thank you!! it's not claimed--so you're it, bean-dip!

i like how that rhymes. :)

send paypal and your address to info AT ohbara DOT com, and i'll ship it tomorrow!

1:32 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

kati--thank you!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I have la giallina? I can send paypal! pretty pretty!

2:13 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

marie--

thank you! of course--la giallan is yours. i'll mail her out tomorrow, just send paypal and address to info AT ohbara DOT com.

thanks again!!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!!!! I'll check your shop tomorrow. I know if you made one with my favorite red mushrooms I'm going to die, and my husband will kill me if I keep splurging like I have been all month. But, I may give in to the temptation.

4:02 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thank you!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Major heart thumping going on here!!! Those are : !!!!!!!!!! I can't even think of the right words!!! Oh, I hope I get one!

BTW, did you say the kimono fabric you sent me was vintage? I'm pretty sure you did, but couldn't remember excactly. I made 2 jumbo buttons with it last night, and oh my!! They are gorgeous!

7:34 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

toni--
thank you! that is so sweet. i'll be putting them up here tomorrow morning--probably around 8:30 or 9:00 central time. :)

and yes, the fabric is vintage. :)

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, what lovely bird creations... no wonder they all flew off to good homes at high speed.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

those are so very lovely eireann! i can't help but stare at them! hehe. <33

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those corsages are really lovely. The colors and the way they sit are just perfect. So fun to use all the tiny things from your collection!

9:03 PM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

gheeeezzzz! I heart these also!!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your work...and the birds have been singing in the hedges like crazy lately so i know spring's coming!

7:38 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

thanks, all!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE them! especially the brightest colored one in the top left!

10:21 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thank you + thank you!

bean-dip and eddy: I'm glad it got there safely + that you like it. :D

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home