Tuesday, February 28

wow! + news

I'm on the front page of Design Collective's website! Click here to see.

+++++

Also, I have a twin sister. Apparently we were separated at birth and now she lives in Delaware, but all evidence points to us being close kin. Case in point: this selection of objects from the amazing box she sent me this week.

Yes, those are vintage gloves. Yes, they are the color Crayola called 'spring green'--a newly-in-leaf, Nature's-first-green-is-gold hue. Yes, they do have embroidery along the seams. And vintage buttons! In a tiny glass-and-enamel-jar! And an old zipper container full of swallow-shaped confetti! And some beautiful old trim. (And more in the box, but these are my very top favorites.)

So, Kati, thank you! It's rare to have someone pick something out for me that is exactly what I would have chosen for myself--but! Maybe this is what L.M. Montgomery meant when she talked about 'kindred spirits.' Because--presents and joking aside, my dear--you are one! Thank you!!!

+++++

And thank all of you for your kind compliments on the shoes and birds. I would be happy--pending finding a new source for shoes larger than size 8--to make custom pairs. I am flattered and excited that the prospect has come up! I'll keep you posted. And--given the success of the tiny birds here (thank you!)--I'll be posting a few more things exclusive to the weblog before they go to (virtual or real) shops.


For now, though, just a photo of one of my favorite things right now (beside soft yellow gloves): the purl side of knitting, and yarn I dyed myself. Hope your evenings (and mornings, and tomorrows all day) are pleasant. Cheers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty shoes! Hi Eireann! My wedblorg is at wedding.cynistar.net. You are super talented.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Congrats on making the front page! Your things are lovely, and no doubt will all be sold out soon!!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Front and center. Wowee, congrats!!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Aw, I am so glad you enjoyed everything as much as I enjoyed your package. I'll be sure to keep this sort of thing up. I forgot to include one item in this round so I suppose I'll have to slowly amass more items until I send it your way.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love those gloves and I agree about the knitting- such a lovely texture.
What I love even more, is your wonderful shoes, my big sister used to swan around our house in the 60's, wearing kitten heeled pink fluffy slippers. Your shoes reminded me of that - so I would like a pair with kitten heels please : )

2:21 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow, really pretty colors!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home