Wednesday, May 17

la la la la, la la la

I'm listening to the Cowboy Junkies and feeling the satisfaction that comes with a full day's work. A day of enjoyable work. I love vacations--I love the schedule of school--because there is this huge build-up, with lots of stress and too many things going on at once, and frustration about lists and non-accomplishment, and then all of a sudden it's over and I am flying, floating. And I go out and do all my tasks leftover from the semester, and I make two skirts a day. And then, apparently, I yap about it here.

SKY skirt

This is for my dear friend, S. I don't think she reads my blog, so I am risking posting this before she receives it. We graduated together and she is a poet, too, and liked the fabric I printed with Gertrude Stein's poems. Since it was translucent (to say the least), I made an underskirt out of the yoko fabric I used for Lisa's skirt. One of my favorite ribbons (you know how that is, don't you? Favorite ribbons?) is the bow on the front.

bateau skirt

I have been all about the complementary color combinations recently. And the stripes. And the seersucker. As you can see, this skirt (one of a set of two) accomplishes the trifecta. Need I say more?

EB skirt

And this one, last but not least, is a commission based on the same pattern as the Alice skirt from yesterday. It's a bit simpler, though, as it doesn't have any underskirts or a lining; the cotton is stiff enough to have a good deal of flair (I feel like I'm in Office Space every time I think that word, oy!) on its own. A good twirling skirt, is what I'd say, if I were a skirt-dealer.

Now I'm just being silly. Have you really gotten this far? It's my first day with no pain at all, and I had a frivolous coffee-icecream drink thing, so I am way up.

What do you think about a trim and ribbon swap? Say, 5 yards for 5 yards? Yea or nay in the comments, miladies. And go'de'n to all!

20 Comments:

Blogger . said...

I love ribbons and trims, so yay from me.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay :) excellent idea. Yes please if international peeps are ok?

11:39 PM  
Blogger majamom said...

hOLY cRACKERS ARE YOU TALENTED!!!
I'm A ribbon Lover so count me on in.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally in for a trim/ribbon swap.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love your skirts but i LOVE that third one- the pattern, fabric.. everything!

what do you sell them for? or what WOULD you sell one like that for? ;)

1:06 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

skirts for twirling, how entirely perfect, thank you so for your lovely words...yes please to ribbons and trims (if you decide international is ok!)

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, lovely skirts. I'm definately up for a ribbon/trim swap.

5:14 AM  
Blogger deb said...

I'm in for anything having to do with ribbon and trims!

lovin those skirts - gorgeous!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Ok, I am in LOVE! Skirt #1 is absolutely gorgeous...I love the red ribbon. All of your work is astounding, but this one wants to live on my body!!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger punkinpieproductions said...

How's about pom-poms? Do you feel like some in pastels?
ps-this is my first time to your blog/I met you through a chain of other blogs.
Feel free to officially meet me at mine!

9:28 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Yay! I love me some trim!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh oh! what beautiful skirts! and it takes a generous person to give a friend a skirt that includes a piece of *favorite ribbon*

glad to hear you are pain free, and i would very definitely love to be part of a ribbons and trims swap...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you probably have enough swappers, but just in case you'd take one more, I'd love to be in. The Gertrude Stein skirt is just amazing. I love the fabric you made (I think I've said that before).

1:22 PM  
Blogger deb said...

thanks for vising me. :) I've never been to walpole.. yes, I'm in NH.. things are slowly getting back to normal. We (my house) were very lucky and had some water in the basement. My road is still blocked off so just a minor inconvenience. But our downtown unfortunately got hit pretty hard.

I'd love to do your ribbon and trim swap! I'm all about that!! :) So let me know when you start it. K?

1:54 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

hi all--thank you for your lovely compliments! if you're in for the trim swap, sign up in the newest post (above!). :)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say Ribbons and Swap?? Definately want in on this one if I can :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Oh, beautiful beautiful too! This last skirt is my favourite.

I love how you've posed them with the right shoes!

1:46 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

THANK YOU ALL so much for the compliments. thank you thank you thank you.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful skirts, all three... they make me wish for warm days.
see you, grache

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, the poem skirt is amazing...i love love love it.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home