Sunday, April 2

one down

...and, as Ben Folds might say, 3.6 tomorrow. Then I'm out of here.

MMAA Construction show was last night and my models were amazing. They looked perfect in the clothes, we got a last-minute change of plans with music all worked out, the timing was on--it was really wonderful.




I know that someone recorded the show, too, so I'm excited to watch that. It's so much work, and then it's over--poof!--like that. And I was behind the curtain, of course, so I didn't really get to see anything. But there was applause before we even ended, so that is good. And I had a little booth there that made me some money, too. All told, a very nice evening. Thanks to everyone who helped and attended.

Next weekend are the fittings for the Fresh Face Showcase (another fashion show; a bigger one, but I have to make fewer clothes), so I will be in spotty attendance. Also my thesis is due on 4/17, so there's that. Pieces of it may appear Somewhere Else, if you catch my drift.

And one last thing: sign-ups for OpenYoursToo are open! This is a really fun opportunity--and this month's theme totally goes along with using what you have, I think! It's a supply swap--so if you're participating in UWYH month, you can send a box of your supplies to someone else! Go check it out.

8 Comments:

Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Your clothes are beautiful! I am so pleased just to have stumbled across your blog; it's lovely. Also, how would I go about purchasing one of your beautiful skirts?

2:00 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

P: thanks! And thanks! I left a note on your blog, but I'll say it here, too--for custom work, please contact me at ohbara AT gmail DOT com.

Cheers!

2:14 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

bravo busy girl!!! looks great....

and looking forward to tidbits of your thesis.... :)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The clothes are incredible! I can't wait to see the next designs!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey -congrats! Everything looks great. Wish I could have seen it in person. Maybe for Fresh Face.
Martha

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning stunning stunning.

i long to be tiny and thin again so that i could wear your lovely skirts! Got any size 12? LOL!

6:21 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

Amanda-

I actually do make skirts in size 12. If you're interested, drop me an email at ohbara AT gmail DOT com and we'll talk. :)

I think every size person should have pretty things!! (My models just happen to be small.)

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi :D I love everything, how exciting!!!!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home