Tuesday, May 16

curiouser and curiouser, said alice



CGM in my skirt; shirt by Arden B.

This skirt was a commission for the model who is wearing it. It's fully lined, with a form-fitting upper lining and two layers of ruched tulle underskirts, a hidden zipper, and a paste-jewel button at the back. Tiny bows hold the gathers of tulle in place.

I got the fabric yesterday and sewed all night and finished this morning. It feels so good to be in making-all-the-time mode again.

Now, if I can only grade my students' papers this afternoon, I'll have tonight to work again!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

love the skirt and this photo is amazing! such great lighting- fun!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Joleen. Words like ruching, hidden layers, and tiny bows send my heart all a flutter! Lovely presentation.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

It's gorgeous!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I love your blog....I stopped by in hopes of finding some HELP!! I'm here visiting the Twin Cities until Thursday (for work)...and I'm staying in St. Paul (Kellogg Blvd.) I'm having problems finding a "cool spot"...to hang out...shop...find little artsy craftsy things. Can you point me in the right direction? Everytime I ask someone for a cool place to hang out, they point me in the Starbucks direction:( I want something uniquely St.Paul/Minneapolis....Can you help a fellow crafter?

2:36 PM  
Blogger The Worsted Witch said...

I just love that photo and its Alice-ness.

2:45 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

that skirt is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.!!!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible picture!

5:30 PM  
Blogger majamom said...

Fabulous skirt! The picture ROCKS!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Erieann...THANK YOU for suggesting SR Harris!! I went there this evening and was just FLOORED....I've never seen such a place. (i think i spent a little too much money though!). I'm off to explore uptown tomorrow!

11:44 PM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

Beautiful!

8:34 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

thanks for all your compliments! :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

(Breathe). It's beautiful!

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home