Monday, April 24

coral

Well, I can't figure out how to make a nice rollover image, and after searching fruitlessly since last night, I think I will just not have that effect. Sunday was a baby shower/ celebration for a close friend (S), put on by another close friend (L). I brought S a bonnet for her baby. In our family, whenever a baby was born, the siblings would always be given presents, too, and so (although she is not the baby's sister) I brought something for L.
I've been really liking red coral these days. Working on printing yardage with coral all over it, (to make a skirt out of), making tiny drawings of it, looking for a tiny branch of it to use as a pendant. Maybe it's to do with missing Venice, where coral was everywhere. I don't know. But in any case, coral is everywhere for me right now. I especially love the (very Venetian) contrast between the black/red/white of the print and its frame and the Italian paper I backed it with.

Shirts? are coming this week. Keep an eye out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really beautiful. I'm liking this coral red these days too.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

YOUR NEW SITE LAYOUT IS AMAZING!
and probably has been for weeks. i'm so flaky!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I am missing venice too and I love the coral! I can not wait to see that skirt!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your header so much. and your coral stuff? can't wait to see it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger mery said...

this picture is amazing! before I clicked on it (to enlarge) it looked very graphic and bold and then I clicked on it and I could see the detail in all its painterly glory. It works beautifully both ways.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been coveting the red coral branches in the Fire Mountain Gems (http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=K051481FL) for a little while...

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home