Thursday, March 23

exhale


Sometimes I have to remind myself to have fun. Relax. Make mistakes. Play. Draw in pen on scraps of cardboard, grab the white gouache and a pink marker and make those fake candy ads I've been imagining.

Tomorrow I'm having two other makers over. We're going to eat chili and other deliciousness, swoon over fabrics like this, swap from our stashes, sew, maybe make buttons? In all, a good time, I expect.

So today is cleaning, lots of these guys and this group and of course my favorite. I bought a dustpan yesterday, so I don't have to use whatever cardboard is hanging around anymore. And tomorrow morning I'm going to make cookies, so the whole apartment will smell good.

And then it'll be back to the push and shove: school rushing to a close, grading papers, my thesis, etc., ad infinitum. Or for you, I'm sure, ad nauseum, so I'll stop now. Happy weekend! Go see the flower show if you're in town. Otherwise--what are you thinking of doing?

(On deck: something made from fabric from Blair; photos of what happens when your friend goes to Japan and feeds your fabric addiction.)


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those fake candy ads are fabulous!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your adds! I directed several friends from school to your blog so they can see your birdie pins, I get so many compliments on it, thanks again!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thanks, both of you!

& a., thanks especially for the references. new birds sometime soon...next week, maybe?

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that those were real candies although I bet candy wouldn't even be as yummy as those fake candy labels! So great!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ads are completely adorable! :) i wish i could be eating those candies up in real life, right now! :) I just love your works so much, i can't get enough!! :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me help you take your trash out...Your stash of fabrics must be fabulous. I'm ready to work with the one you gave me...

9:34 AM  
Blogger lijhe said...

I love the fairy gum ad. I was infatuated with that exact shade of pink when I was a little girl -- well, I guess I still am a little bit. :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

you are so kind to give me a link! xo.

12:19 PM  
Blogger cristina paulos said...

Nice blog!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger angela said...

what a luscious and sweet blog...

these are the things i have to remind myself of too these days. have more fun. to play more. allow myself to make mistakes. laugh at myself. inhale and exhale. and to remember, things always seem to work out just fine.

your skirts. your little birds. all too beautiful.

you my dear are a new favourite blog to read.

oxo

angela.

2:00 AM  
Blogger alfonsina said...

es muy lindo lo que mostras

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home