Sunday, April 23

and that's when we'll explode

...and it won't be a pretty sight.

Last night, faculty open studios. It was so good to go and see all the work and put faces with all the names. Some favorites:

Jim Henkel: Spring Bowl and other work (especially Grove).

Chris(tine) Baeumler: Artist's statement here; other information here and here.

Jan Estep: Posit-Art; interview (+photo of her embroidering!).

Also saw the studio of the elusive Jerry Krepps and had some sort of offer to work with other professor.

-----------------------------------------------
Dreams of my friend in France.

The edge of afternoon.

And bicycling, and looking at estate sales, and printing new prints, and making new drawings, and learning to let it go, at least for now. What did they say? In a little while, we'll only have to wave?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I like about reading your blog is that I get almost all your lyrical references and don't automatically think that you wrote them yourself. (I mean, Postal Service, Ben Folds, how much better can your taste get???)
By the way, thank you for posting about my bunny present I made for Monica. (I thought she didn't have Internet and hadn't seen it.. uh oh, she did X_x;;) but no one else commented on it so I assumed it was ugly or something...

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home