Wednesday, April 26

centenary

The sun is out, the sky is a clear blue, the trees are hazed over with chartreuse buds just shy of yellow. I've just returned from school, where I watched a colleague defend her thesis (as I will do next week) and had coffee (ice cream in disguise) with a friend and talked about things like jobs and marriage and Fullbrights and starting presses and opening shops and moving to Portland and all manner of everything.

In short: all's right with the world.

This week I printed t-shirts. There are four designs beside the pink-and-orange one (one left) in the shop now; you can preview them below. I will be printing more of these, provided I get more shirts before school (and my access to good vacuum tables) ends.


I love the colors of this time of year. The world is opening again! And my impulse is inwards, internal. I have so many ideas, so much I want to do. So if I'm not around, commenting on your words as much as usual, forgive me. I'll be back soon enough.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love them all. i want the blue one.

6:24 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

I'm so happy that all is well with your day, and your designs are just great.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these look so fantastic, and i love what you've written - seasonal change can be so uplifting, can't it?

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! The red on is my fav-but all are great. You should move to Portland-it's great!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

These are fabulous! Do you think you'll print anymore on pink? Those were my absolute fav. If not I definitely need the green on white!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erieann, I'm in love with these, so very pretty. I'm hoping you'll still do the pink, I'm tempted with these but I definitely need more pink in my life right now. I have a chocolate brown skirt that needs pink obara! : )

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM IN LOVE!(and that is all I have to say about that!)

10:29 AM  
Blogger The Worsted Witch said...

Oh wow, those are so pretty!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable t-shirts.

and, like you, i am also drawn inward and want to stay in and 'art' all day. i get a vacation next week (golden week) but it's so crowded everywhere and expensive to travel. my opportunity to do more cards and work on my (somewhat secret!) sketch/weblog ^_^ i feel like i'm the only person who appreciates spring, because everyone around here walks around "atsuuuui! atsuuuuui!" and stopped being amazed by the beauty when the sakura turned from white and pink to green. I'm completely in awe of the new buds and fresh smells and flowers everywhere!!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger mery said...

so beautiful!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the 'and' one best of all - so lovely!
cheers, grache

2:46 AM  
Blogger Bri Ana said...

They're all amazing, but the coral print and your choice of topography is out of this world!

4:17 PM  
Blogger trudesign said...

These are really cool, love the colors.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Absolutely wonderful, all of them. Have to say I like the green best ... !

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I love the coral one!

9:23 PM  
Blogger majamom said...

Hi,
Will you be selling these wonderful t-shirts online??
I sure hope so!
fingers crossed

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home