Monday, February 6

over the garden wall

So all these new girls are cropping up, and I found a piece of wood cut in a circle with a hole in it, and it just came together.

My favorite was putting the bird in its hidey-hole, and the little flowerbuds in with it.

It's about 8" across. Not too big, not too small.

Today I began preparing for an edition of 50 prints for a Valentine print exchange. Intense! I've never done an exchange with more than 15 participants! Luckily, the size is small: only 3.5" by 5.5". I tore down the papers & redrew my screen (oops, too much blockout on the original). I think I'm going to just hand-draw mylars and do it photographically from now on, because it's a bit of a pain to redraw. I'll have a few extras of these prints, so I'll put them in the shop next week--and maybe put a sneak peek here, too.

By the way, Magnolia is having a huge sale on their beautiful shoes! I found a couple pairs over there, and if you have larger feet than I do (i.e., bigger than size 5), you are really in luck. Most pairs are around 30 dollars, down from ±200. !!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very beautiful, I love the birdie. And 50??? prints? Before Valentine's day?? Sounds daunting, but exciting. If you're like me, you may need caffeine at this point.

7:51 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

ha!!! yes!!! I'm saving up so I don't become immune to it before the big workday comes--this Thursday, and maybe Friday, too! I'm excited. :) And a bit daunted, too, now that you mention it....

Thank you for the compliment.

8:24 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

LOVE the birdy in the hole. that is so perfect!

and i don't need shoes... i don't need shoes... i don't need shoes even if they are incredibly cute....

good luck w/ the v-day printin'

10:44 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

heee heeeeeeee! and these are definitely want-shoes, because they're totally impractical for work, teaching, printing, etc. I will wear them...around the house??!

thanks for the compliment.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this piece! It reminds me of a book i completely adored as a child called "Mandy" by Julie Andrews...i loved that the main character had the same name as me! The little orphan girl would climb over the big wall and go to her secret cottage in the forest...oh, how i longed for a secret cottage of my own! Wonderful, wonderful work, as always. thank you so much for invoking that magical memory for me! Now i have to go rea-read that book! :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

I loved the book "Mandy" too! I think I still have it, at my parents' house. I read it so much the covers came off. Wow. Thanks for helping ME remember that!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, i love that you loved that book too!!! :)

i am convicing my Mister that he MUST get that piece for my Valentine! LOL!

2:10 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

I loved the room with the seashells! And the little kitchen! And the little love story!

Now I am going to try and find that book next time I go home--and if it's not there, then I'll buy it!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Such a charming piece...I love how things come together so spontaneously like this.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home