Tuesday, January 17

pouches

Back in the swing of it this weekend. Maybe it was the feeling of DOOM, knowing school begins today, but I got a ton done: about twenty new pouches, a skirt completely done and one cut and ready to sew, a shirt completed; I also did all the finicky things (like sewing in labels and finishing/fixing tiny mistakes) that have been needing to be done. So it looks like my 'winter' collection will be a late winter one, but it is almost ready to go. I want to have a couple of models so I can have photos of the clothes on real bodies (not just mannequins) before I turn them in.

And thanks to all of you commenters. I was shocked (shocked!) to see how many comments were here...and that was just the first five. So thanks for reading and letting me know you are. It's nice to know who is out there.

Now I'm off to work and school, and here we go again....

(PS: shop update with some new things [see: flickr] later this week.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pouch in the photo is so pretty, is it a sweater, felted sweater? Sounds like you've been busy, I need a weekend like that.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that an elephant i see? my daughter loves elephants!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love the red stripes of the pouch! It looks like a cosy place for odds and ends to live!

(Answering your Q about my screenprinting - I'm a real amateur - I cut my stencils out of adhesive book covering and usually just print on top of a pile of newspaper without pinning anything down! I just press hard to keep it still and try to get it all in one swipe)

xo

9:57 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thanks, you-all!

i'm loving the fuzzy stripes too--it is indeed a felted sweater. mmmm. i bought two of them at a thrift store--different colors!--and can't wait to use them up. :)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home