Sunday, January 8

shawl


It seems a lot of people kind of have the January blues--out of energy, without the prompt of present-giving to push them onwards--and I've been feeling it, too. Add to that some rather disturbing findings about copycats and a death and that's a recipe for non-blogging! Alas. I try to keep everything here positive, but it's gotten recently so that I don't feel like writing a thing!

This is a shawl I knitted en route to NH. It's 100% mohair, two strands. Closes in the front with, as you can see, a big old brooch. It was fun to make--except that the mohair is a little brittle and filaments kept breaking off and leaving fuzz on my (red) coat. It was also a good conversation starter on the plane--such a big "scarf," everyone wanted to know what I was making.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job--love it!

5:49 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

hey... yeah i hear you... getting back into the swing of things is no easy task....

what's this about copycats??? :(

love the shawl - it's beautiful!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh! I hate copycats, is everything alright?
I adore your shawl so much, do you have a pattern for it? I love how you photograph your things, everything seems to have a lovely blueish tint...

I know what you mean about blogging recently. I keep forcing myself to be happy online & blog when there are other things that as much as I'd love the support, I'm not sure I'd want the world to know & think of me a mope. So in short, hello & I hope you had a nice weekend & I'm done :D

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful shawl and color too! Sorry to hear of the bad things going on in your life - hopefully cheer will come your way soon :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

The color is gorgeous*

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nyuuuggg! So sorry about all of it. Here's a standing offer for real hugs and tea.
tag

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having troubles. Here's hoping it clears up soon. (Seems like bad things always come in clusters, doesn't it?)

The shawl is cute. I love the color. When I first saw it, I thought it was for a doll -- the large gauge fooled my eye. :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

thank you ALL for your kind words and thoughts.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home