Sunday, January 15

hello there

So apparently it is something called "delurking week" at present, and this is a big chance for all the bloggy writers and pretty-thing-makers to guilt their constituents/audiences into coming out of the woodwork + saying hello.

Who would I be if I didn't join in? So delurk! If you're out there reading, say hi, and let me know about your place--where you post, where you muse, where you show off your stuff--and I'll drop by and comment there, too.

And--because this is what you come here for, after all--some of your regularly scheduled programming:


年賀状
nengajou (new-year's card)

I made the 'mistake' of taking part in a holiday card exchange through a blog I read often. I loved receiving the cards last year and this year as well, but with thesis writing, fashion show participating, craft-o-rama coordinating, and life in general, getting the old "I'll hand print all my cards" bee in the bonnet was maybe ill-advised. But I did it, and they are out traveling the world at present. They show kadomatsu (pine branches + bamboo) and kagamimochi (stacked soft rice cakes and a tangerine with these folded streamers), which are traditional New-Year's elements in Japan. All 50 are hand-printed, double-sided.

Lots of sewing, lots of cutting, lots of planning. See you soon! And--delurk, already!

14 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

hi eireann! thanks for visiting my blog. i am a new lurker here but i think I will lurk more often! i *love* the photo of the animals below peeking out of the mohair fog :) happy new year to you!

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such beautiful things, and such a delicate strength to your work - such a joy coming here and seeing your things, and reading what you have to say.

5:00 AM  
Blogger ness said...

Argh I forgot to publish my comment, sorry but have a great delurking week and you are awesome!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your postcards are great. I know what you mean, I find myself a bit overscheduled right after Christmas this year, thinking I'd have plenty of time after my handmade gifts were done, oh well! Happy delurking week. I still talk about your lovely skirt, its my favorite.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking from a little town in SC to tell you how much i love your work! Your blog is part of my "feed my eyes with beutiful things" diet! Keep you the gorgeous work!

10:17 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

oh, wow! I completely expected to have to delete this post because there would be no replies--how embarrassing!--but you-all have not only proven me wrong, you've given me such nice compliments as well! Thank you.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there! i'm kathleen and i've been subscribing to your blog through bloglines for a while now... i very much enjoy your blog!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, love your blog! Beautiful cards!

1:14 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

does delurking count if you have already delurked??? love the cards, have a great week!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been reading your blog for three weeks. i saw you on craftgirl. my livejournal is paisleyt. i think you are the cats meow.
tonya

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally in love with those cards (as well as some of your other work)...

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You caught me! This is the second time I've been to your blog. I came by this time to thank you for your tsumami kanzashi tutorial. I got the link from someone else (I don't remember who... sorry).

11:20 AM  
Blogger Liesl Gibson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I LOVE The Shipping News. Hope you're enjoying it. Glad to know about your blog - I've added you to my aggregator and look forward to reading more!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I visited your blog! Other wise I wouldn't know what those red zigzags are.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home