Monday, January 8

waiting (it's oh so quiet)

My brother and one of his friends were here for ten days visiting, and it was nice to have people around to talk to, make fun of, play cards with...but after a little while I felt antsy to work alone. Use my sewing machine. Make something. I had made another zakka bunny before they arrived, so I made clothes for her. And now she's waiting, too, for a shop update. I had wanted to update it this Wednesday (January 10th), but I don't think I will have everything I want to have for it. What I really want is just to do one huge one, and then not mess around putting this or that up, so with apologies to kind inquirers, I'm going to postpone.

But! When there finally is an update, what an update! There will be zakka bunnies and trousseaux, travel wallets (hopefully nos. 9-12), mercerie packets (I've been hoarding things up, you know), tea cosies, and maybe, if I can find the time to finish them, one or two skirts. What think you?
Also: Your opinion, please! I'm thinking of printing onesies (you know, for babies; the one-piece things with snaps) with a couple of designs (probably some like the ones I've done for Boiled Art, maybe some like my earlier shirts, maybe some French-inspired ones). They'd be organic, undyed cotton. Sound interesting? Silly? I just want to gauge my folly before I plunk down the change for the garments. No commitment or anything; just--what do you think? Which designs do you like/like the sound of? And, what sizes would you be most likely to buy, if you were to? I was thinking I'd get mostly 6-12 months, but would 6-12 and 12-18 month sizes be better? Moms, doting aunts, future moms, dads, nannies, others with expertise or preferences: please weigh in. Thank you thank you!!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! so excited for the shop update. i'm still kicking myself for not buying the "cafe" pouch last update!

i know nothing about baby clothes except those wee ones grow *so* fast that I always buy the bigger size when getting a gift, so my instinct says to get both sizes...

11:38 AM  
Blogger shari said...

hi eireann,
the zakka bunny is so so cute. looking forward to the update. can't wait to see more travel wallets and tea cozies :)xo shari

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore the little girl you did for Boiled Art and would snap up clothing with her on it for sure. I think both sizes of onesie would be fine but I'd advise you not to go larger than the 12-18 month size simply because then your entering the time frame of potty training when onesies are a hindrance. That said, as the mom of two young girls who aren't in onesies any longer, I'd also encourage you to do t-shirts in children's sizes. I think sizes 2-6 would sell well. At the very least you'd sell one size 2 and one size 6...to me.

12:57 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

oh yes, 12-18 mos too! and um, ladies sized small... :) glad you had good time with your brother, visits are always nice, and usually end when the ought.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought someone else's screenprinted onsie on etsy as a gift (muttsywonder). So I totally buy this kind of stuff. I especially like the bonjour bunny, but they are all cute. For gifts, I usually stick to the 6-12 month range. I would have gladly bought 12-18 mo. for my own daughter when she was that size though. (Now, she'd need Ts.) A lot of the baby stuff on etsy is just not my taste, so these would be a welcome addition.

2:00 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

hi there,
the boiled art designs are wonderful, and would be so cute on a onesie... i am a doting aunt & aunt-friend and i love that stuff :) the bunny is so cute too! looking forward to your update...
warmly
amisha

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

umm...YES to the onesies!!! the smaller range would be good for me as my little peanut is due the beginning of may, and will be living in onesies for the first several months of his/her life. i love all of your designs...*sigh*

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wwHappy new year!
I really like the sound of the onesies - my favourite designs are the "so long" one and the bunny saying bonjour. 3-6 or 6-12 month sizes are the ones I'd be most likely to buy.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Austen said...

cutest bunny, love the clothes! looking forward to the shop update...mercerie packets, yay! and i think onesies are great...don't have much experience with babies but i always buy big to allow room for growth. they always grow so fast! can't wait to see how they look...

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids would need a tee, but I have friends with babies who I would buy the the onesies for. I love the little girl you did for Boiled Art. If you made tee's I would buy them for my 5 and 7 year old (my 5 year old girl would love to wear the little girl one) And if they were big enough I would sneak one for myself.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Delphine said...

YES to the onsies too...Especialy if they are French inspired, I'd love to buy some...I'm waiting for a boy, don't make them all pink!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rabbit looking so longingly out the window, back turned, just breaks my heart. I can't wait for the shop update and think that printed onesies would be absolutely fabulous. Parents are always happy to have baby clothes that are as indie and crafty as their own garments -- as are gift givers -- so I think it's a wonderful idea.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure you know already I think you should do baby stuff!! My suggestions for sizing are 3-6 months (can do from 2mos - 9mos depending on the baby), and 6-12mos (which would do 4mos - 15mos depending on the baby) and skip the 12-18 months. Most babies don't wear onesies after 12 months. But little envelope neck t-shirts for 18 months through 4 years would be fabulous!!!!!!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger majamom said...

Hi Eireann,
We received the lovely bundle of French goodies in the post last week! I am in the process of switching over to type pad as it looks like BLogger is non functional . New YEar -New adventures! I hope to feature a picture of the lovely bundle of wonderfuls!
In response to your question on Onsies-PLEEEEASE make a few 12-18 months.
My precious Grandbaby is almost out of the 12m =)

Lookin forward to the update!

Namaste,
MB

1:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, i think printed onesies are a fantastic idea. do it!!

can't wait to see all your new stuff when you update the shop...

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I just stumbled upon your blog whilst browsing around...you make such cute things!!! I love the bunny and I think the whole idea of onesies is fabulous - you're sure to do well!
Best of luck
Sarahx

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy jeesh, E., that top pic of the bunny is one of the best I've ever seen. Oh!!!! I love it.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home