Monday, December 4

what there is

[Saturday flea market: lacy, embroidered handkerchiefs, antique dress collars, handmade lace, real dotted swiss, a man's silk handkerchief embroidered 'Josef']

[A tablecloth embroidered with wildflowers and wheat]

[A peaceful evening in my clean apartment, with candles all lit and laundry hung to dry over the heater, dishes done and put away, letters written, and a piece of cardboard to paint and draw on, Jolie Holland in the background singing "The Littlest Birds," which, if you do not know it, you should look up, especially Lisa and Stephanie, seeing as how you have some littlest birds in your lives]

* * *

Thank you for your orders--I was really touched. On the way to visit my friend in another town on Friday night, I was harassed on the train. Coming home, Saturday, I still had some of that uneasiness with me. It shook me out of my 'brown study' to understand how much you like my things (enough to pay! for them. wow!!) It is so kind and so complimentary.

* * *

I hope there is something beautiful for you, wherever you are, and the people you love are happy and safe.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh thank you for sharing your wonderful right now. unwelcome interaction can be so upsetting, so i am happy to hear you are feeling better and enjoying a beautiful evening.

3:12 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

oh, hope you are alright, take care xxx

3:47 PM  
Blogger Casey Maura said...

The photographs are so beautiful. Those finds are really neat...

I'm sorry about what happened. I hope you are doing better! :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

oh eireann... yuck for the harassment, but yay for small beuties [and i love jollie holland!]

of course we want your things [i was much much too late to the store this time around]
xo

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sorry to hear someone what a meanface to you. from the one time i met you, you seem to be too sweet to yell at!

your shop sold out so fast! i came home from no coast and the next morning went to look at your web shop to see only 2 items remaining! that makes me so happy for you! :)

the best to you eireann!

10:41 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

that song is a bit of an anthem for me in regards to my own littlest birds. love it.

here's to everyday beauty and simple pleasures...

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photograhs are lovely. I was given a bushel of embroidered handkerchiefs by my aunt but am completely blocked as to what to do with them (wouldn't dare blow my nose on them, that's for sure.)

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home