Thursday, November 16

the roses, and how they are coming up all over


Probably it would have embarrassed the man from Orange who came today, totally unexpected, and, after forty minutes of tinkering, "c'est pas bon," and "je reviens, a tout à l'heure," created the miracle of internet in my apartment, if I had kissed him.

He did smell kind of meaty, though, so maybe better for both of us. Plus--large moustache. But I did tell him he is my favorite person in France. And he laughed.

And I found a desk, and set up my sewing machine. And found fruit crates for shelves. And talked about poetry with a class of girls who also advised me on where to find a bag I liked.

Some days the beautiful things are just behind the buildings, and then they appear, right when you need them. Thank goodness.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

I'm so glad to hear today was a better day.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh joy!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think David Sedaris said this about living abroad, but it's amazing how you instantly like anybody who shows the littlest bit of kindness or helpfulness in another country. Everything is just so difficult that a person offering a helping hand seems like a small miracle! Glad you're meeting those sorts of people! x

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yea!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I recently discovered your blog from a link on another blog! I am enjoying reading about your stay in France, and also reading through some of your archived posts and discovering your lovely crafts. Will you ever again make the little bird brooches? They were the most adorable little things. :-)

Belinda

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home