Saturday, November 11

miss (+ing)

mitts
Finally finished the mitts for Zach, and a pair for Anne, too. Next: a knitted cushion cover in stripes. But knitting doesn't feel like making to me; it is what I do while I read or watch movies or talk on the phone or listen to music.

I miss being part of the blogging community. Miss reading + commenting, being read, receiving your comments. Miss making; feel like if I cannot make something soon I will explode. Rather. Miss Martha. Miss Sally. Miss Mulysa and Brian. Miss all of all y'all. Miss the way fabric feels in my hands. Also the smell of my city, and the way I can walk all of it without my eyes open. The university. My students. Miss teaching poetry. Miss the smell of the printshop, the print professor's gruff ways, the printmaking grad students. Miss poetry, really. How to do it, this living in the world thing? Because I know when I leave here, it will be the same, only on the other side.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like times are tough. Things will most certainly get easier if not better but I've never found being told that (or knowing it myself) to be any comfort when I'm in the thick of feeling lonely or off kilter or low. I'm sorry things aren't feeling right. I hope you get to the better side of things soon. Be well.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those gloves. hang in there, sweet girl. i think of you often.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you too:)
I think you need more chocolate croissants. definitely.
and I need to make some gloves like that. or maybe I need the croissants and you need to knit more gloves?ww

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm listening, and reading, and watching your photos.

And what you probably loose track of, is that when you leave France, you'll miss things about France as well - they'll creep up on you and take you by surprise, till you realise back in America that you can't ever live without that certain something of France.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are missed as well...

4:04 PM  
Blogger Tanya Nichols said...

well Im reading and I do hope you meet bloggy friends in your new home. Or real friends hehehe...Im sure their are craftygirls all over the world...until then I would be happy to comment away here...hello!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home