Thursday, October 5

well put, duchamp

c'est le regardeur...

C'est tellement vrai.

I had such a nice birthday, better than I would ever have thought. Thank you for all your nice wishes.

Today I looked at an apartment (I am in provisory housing, one small room I share with another girl, and it is not great) but it was not so good--no light. But if I don't find anything else, I will take it.

Everything gets better every day. I love this object I found in the hallway of a classroom building here. I'm going to steal the idea (and the quote).

Did look for M-C Idées here, but didn't find it. Also MILK. Maybe this weekend, if I go into Besançon (big town nearby). I have been making little things (no using the machine yet, might disturb the roommate), but that's for another post. Saturday, probably.

Bon, à plus tard.

9 Comments:

Blogger hannah said...

oh so glad you had a good birthday. being on the other side of the earth all by yourself is hard. my first night in spain was new years eve. man did i feel alone. good luck apartment hunting! what does the sign say by the way?

7:28 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

Hannah:

It says, 'the viewer makes the picture.'

I love that.

1:35 AM  
Blogger shari said...

hi eireann,
i love that quote too. :) glad to hear you are enjoying france so far. good luck finding an apartment. tonight, the poetry bus rolls into durham. i'm not sure if i would have even paid much attention to this before your beautiful poetry posts. now, i'm so excited to go! cheers, shari

10:54 AM  
Blogger Austen said...

Eireann, I love the quote, but I love-love the phrase, "Well put, Duchamp." I have a feeling it's about to enter the local lexicon... :) Good luck apartment hunting! Isn't it funny the ideas we have. To me, any apartment in France would be great, because, hey, it's in France, and all apartments in France look like Amelie's, or maybe Adam Gopnik's. But of course there are the same problems, no light, funny bathroom, strange neighbour... All by way of saying, I hoope you find something great, soon!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! happy (belated) birthday!! :))*

9:14 PM  
Blogger A bird in the hand said...

Was your birthday Oct. 5 ?

Moi aussi!

Je te souhaite un très bon séjour en France.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut,

Just discovered your blog a few days ago. So that you're in France .. I don't know if it's for your studies or anything else.
Bienvenue anyways, People are not so cold as they seems (: !

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I lived in a small village outside Belfort for a while, near where you are. I was able to find fresh milk at Cora, the hypermarche. There is not much of a selection, it was at one end of the chilled dairy aisle, you had to look. Carrefour also has fresh milk. I never could get used to the irradiated milk for the 3 years I lived in Spain and France. It is only good for cooking, if you ask me. In Spain the children seem to drink only chocolate milk; I can't blame them!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Eireann!
I hope that you're adjusting to life in France (it takes awhile). Glad to have found your new blog!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home