Thursday, August 24

msp->ord->pdx

Tonight Brian (he of the Jerome Fellowship, newly! Can I announce that here, B?) and I are catching a late bus to Chicago. We'll visit my cousins, go to the museums, walk around. Chicago was my first taste of freedom, as a senior in high school. I went down there to see colleges, but ended up taking the trains all over (both alone and with my cousin). I love public transportation: Greyhound, train, city bus, vaporetto. It makes me feel good to be around other people, going somewhere. (This photo is our point of initial departure.)

Sunday, I head out to Portland to visit my best friend and meet some inspiring blog ladies! So, with all this travel (not to mention the big trip coming up fast), I have had TRAVEL WALLET on the to-do brain for a while now.

Then I saw the afore-mentioned inspiring post over at Shim+Sons and the ideas I had were resolved.
I'm pleased--I needed something big enough for my passport and travel documents, as well as my ID cards, check card, money (folding and coin), cell phone, and pens. I can even put my little notebook into the pocket that holds the travel documents, if I want to.
And it has strawberries. Who could ask for anything more? (Other photos here.)

I'll be in Portland until next Friday. May post from there. May not. Hope all is well, in the interim. Big news, finally, when I get back. And thank you very much for your expressions of kindness towards my brother. I appreciate them.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet little travel pouch! Love all the details on it. Can't wait to see you next week! Safe travels!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

this is fabulous! LOVE the strawberries :) have a fun trip

8:32 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

have fun!!
that wallet is the cutest!

8:35 PM  
Blogger tamdoll said...

I love your blog & all the beautiful things you make - is it okay if I put your link at my blog site?

8:40 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

love this carry-all! so handy AND beautiful. i hope you enjoy portland. i *love* my city. let me know if i can help you out in any way while you're here. happy travels!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, very inspiring!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

The wallet is brillant! And those strawberries--simply perfect.

1:50 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

what a fabulous travel wallet, perfect in every way, and the strawberries!!!
my beautiful bag and i are going out for dinner tonight (we have become the best of friends)
congrats to b and wishing you a wonderful and safe journey...

2:10 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

that wallet is so fabulous, i can't even stand it.

have safe trips and can't wait to read about all the wonderful things you did.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The travel wallet is fabulous - hope you have a great trip.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Brian. It sounds excellent - great opportunity.

Hope you have a great trip.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love your travel wallet! Make sure to go to Powell's bookstore in Portland. It's BIG and amazing.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful wallet! I am so jealous that you are in Chicago. You get to see the big shiny bean. And I have heard that there is a Japanese bookstore....somewhere. I have yet to find it.
Have fun!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous travel wallet (the strawberries look delicious). Safe travels.

8:04 AM  
Blogger The Worsted Witch said...

I love that wallet SOOOO MUCH!!! I've been meaning to make one like that for ages, based on my existing, but falling apart, wallet.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. If I had seen this before I definitely had chosen the reds for the Kindergarten bags and never considered to do them in blue.
Such a pretty pouch, Eireann!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable! I love the natural looking fabrics and the little dangly bits of fruit.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't get over how ADORABLE that wallet is!!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger I'm Shannon said...

what a lovely functional travel wallet...it's always nice when you can turn something useful into something pretty as well!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea!

3:16 PM  
Blogger blissful said...

I love the strawberries!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home