Friday, August 4

magic

I am for YES. Both. Not binary. Magic and ordinary, mess and work, perfect and broken, able and not able. Maybe it's naïve, but I always assume how I am is how everyone else is: getting by, doing well, making do. I'm amazed and inspired by my peers and their work ethics and their thought processes and their new ideas and their busy lives. I understand these things because I live them, too. So I know that there is laundry to be done, and dishes, and that avocado I was going to eat and now it is just getting overripe and SOMETHING needs to be done with it, and a million scraps of paper and cloth, and lots of filing, and, and, and. That's okay. Your beautiful, clean, perfect lives are okay, too, sisters. I'm glad to see them. All.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful way with words - and it's all so true! Thank you!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I'll second that - I love what you said and how you said it.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

third it! (can you third things?!) the image is lovely too.

4:46 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

laundry to be done, and dishes....
that's me. not so clean and perfect adn tidy.
great words today. and lovely picture.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's me too! My life is a big jumbly mess of things needing to be done, things that I want to do and everything inbetween.

9:59 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

sounds better when you say it!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful words and image. ah.

1:07 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

Yes !!!

Thankyou ;)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Shona~ LALA dex press said...

There is this theme of needing to clean in the blogs I am currently reading. I wonder if it is because it is hot, we are inside with the A/C and noticing the messes? Well that's my story. I enjoy reading your blog.

9:42 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

thanks, all, for the compliments.

LALA: yes, I wrote this as a response to the stuff that is going around about perfection/imperfection, both perceived and actual. I think it's okay to post whatever in one's blog and I wanted to say it in a non-confrontational way. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger blissful said...

There's room for everyone...the cluttered and organized. Nice post. About the avocado...guacomole?

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks... well said!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another sweet drawing. I love your girls. (I have two of your drawings up as part of my screensaver slideshow, the mermaid and the pink candy labels.)

And I love the juxtaposition of the line drawings with the cloth. very nice.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully put Eireann.
xxx

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home