Sunday, August 20

love

Yesterday, my boyfriend, Brian, did his first craft show...and survived.
Of course, I was there too (and barely survived, with an awful migraine by the end from the smoke that was drifting into the building from smokers outside, the super-loud music, and my lack of sleep). But I meant to write about Brian on Friday (something I love, am excited about), and didn't, so now I will.
For Brian, working as an artist is all. I have never known anybody so dedicated to his own education and to developing an understanding of and connection to the world around him. This is a photo of his studio during his last year in grad school. All those prints are his trying to understand the construction and being of a sphere. He is exhaustive and deep in his methods.
And now he is finding a way to support himself beyond the graphic design job he has. I'm so proud that this person, who can be introverted, but who has a wonderful sense of humor, the kindest heart, and who is thoughtful in extremis, is getting his work out into the world using the most populist of print media: relief (in this case, letterpress) printing. What does this mean for him? More time in the studio, a job he enjoys, and most of all, the good that comes from making things with one's hands.

I just think it's neat.

Also, do love having someone who can lift the clothing racks onto the car roof after the show.


---

Many new things to shop tomorrow.

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

so wonderful to hear that you are so happy together, reading your post today made me smile...

4:35 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

awwwww.... so gosh darn sweet and wonderful. you sound like a great pair!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

so fabulous! :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Natascha Rosenberg said...

Beautiful cards!!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

swoon - what you wrote, the love between you two and what brian produced :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Creating "side by side" is a fantasy of mine..
Loved to see your comment on my blog as I come by to drool over your clothing and photography often..

Hope you will be blogging from France!!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a creative match made in heaven, so sweet.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Vintage Tracy said...

Too sweet. Congrats on your(s) show! Wish I coulda been there to witness!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home