Sunday, April 29

into and between


I'm stateside.

Thinking about what I'll do over the next three months, and then after that. Thinking about where I want my work to go, what I want to continue. What I want to leave behind. About making and how my relationship to it changed this year.

I was learning a new language, a new system of thought, a new culture, a new place. And that took a lot of my creative energy. I wrote. I thought. I took long walks. I began a series of drawings that I am still making almost every day. But I did very little in the way of my business.

My movement now feels interior, inward. I wrote in my journal before I left don't forget your own rhythms of writing/not writing (making). Make your choices for you.

I feel lots of blank space. Reentry. Things burn up, get lost in the new atmosphere.


See you soon.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

The drawings are beautiful. They would be lovely illustrations for a book. I'm so glad you've arrived home safely.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of stillness and reflection come different paths and new ventures, and I'm sure whatever direction you go in they'll be wonderful and full of beauty

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The full skirted prettiness and movement in your drawings is so compelling. I second the illustrations suggestion.

As always, am interested in seeing where reflection on making things takes the creativity itself.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Di said...

I think that your drawings are great - I would love to be so talented. I hope that reacquaiting yourself with life stateside is not too difficult! Settling will take a while - allow yourself that while!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Oops - that was supposed to say "reaccquainting" - or however you spell it - I am having a complete mental blank!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

Welcome back.

12:27 PM  
Blogger nuttnbunny said...

I was trying to figure out how to leave a comment of empty space :-)

Hope you enjoy your Minnesota time.

7:49 PM  
Blogger shari said...

hi eireann.

your drawings are just so lovely. thank you for sharing them. looking forward to hearing about your new path. xo

8:41 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

hi,

it is so lovely to see inside your notebooks- it is so easy to get used to only seeing your work, that it is a breath of fresh air (excuse the cliche)to see someone else's fashion drawings

4:14 PM  
Blogger AmeliaB said...

Your drawings are so pretty and elegant.

~Amelia

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)
I love your drawings, so lady like. I really understand what your feeling about creating. Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in life, that you don't even notice the direction its going until something shifts. I know whatever you choose in life it will be beautiful.

oh- I got your poetry book today, I just read the first poem-I'm already in love*

xoash

11:10 PM  
Blogger Alicia P. said...

Wow, how beautiful, all of it.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What I want to leave behind..."
sounds like a drawing, and a good place to begin, all at the one time.

take care, g

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home