Sunday, November 26

still got it.

I thought maybe I had lost the touch, that I'd forgotten how to make things, or, worse, how to take pleasure in making them. I was wrong. Luckily. 'Lucky' seems to be the word of my life these days. I do feel really, really lucky.
This is a travel wallet like mine for my dear friend Anne, who has left France for a month to work in Spain. It is her first time living away from home and away from her boyfriend, so she was feeling apprehensive. How well I understand that apprehension! So I made her this, because pretty things always make it easier for me to be away from home.


So much to say. So much to do. I went to Strasbourg this weekend, to a marché de noël (Christmas Market) that has been there since the 12th century! I found the most wonderful things. Can't wait to show you.


And--I'm opening my shop up again! Just for a little bit, and beginning on 12/2, so orders will ship in time for Christmas. Hoping to have two or three travel wallets in there. See you soon.

xo.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Lovely wallet. I love a good marché de noël. We were in France just before Christmas two years ago and those markets were one of my favorite things.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely detail on the wallet - very pretty!

3:11 PM  
Blogger MadgeMc said...

What a great adaventure you are having! I am enjoying all your discoveries vicariously--Any european market would seem magical, probably even one selling hardware, everything is so fresh and new.
xxoo Margaret Mc (Nora's mom)

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it. so pretty.

i have a special interest in reading about your adventures. my mother's maiden name is dole and all we knew is it came from some small town in europe. now i know where and what it looks like! thanks!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not anonymous! my name is kris. nice to meet you!

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Christmas market looks wonderful, can't wait to see more. BTW your wallets are lovely.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

That is an amazing wallet! Had to delurk to tell you so. LI also love hearing about your adventures.

12:59 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

of course you still have it! [we never doubted]... lovely lovely wallet...

great photos.... so exciting....

so glad you will open the shop for a spell....
xo

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the photo of those figurines. I clicked on it and had a closer look. So weird, like seeing double or triple and some of them are looking right at the camera! Fun stuff ...
And ... you call that a wallet? Amazing and functional! (I wonder how many of those litte figurines could live in there!?)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi love. i wish i could come over and keep you company. hh

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really love your travel wallet. what a lovely and thoughtful gift for a lucky friend.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home