Thursday, January 26

thrifty


It's a little blurry, because it's already almost dark right now, but I wanted to squeal a bit to people I know will understand about these finds: almost 100 (some I haven't unpackaged) vintage Czech glass buttons, unused replacement belts for my Kenmore, and about 40 skeins of unused vintage embroidery floss. Village des Valeurs forever.

Some of the buttons will be going onto handprinted cards and selling in the sewing section of the shop. Some will be going on pouches. Some will be going on a Super Top-Secret Project that I am working on. (!!!)

Off to class, now. Cheers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I reading write (fine print) that you bought those beautiful buttons at Value Village? I was just there yesterday (I go every other week while the kids are at school) and have yet to find anything that wonderful. Lucky you! The colors are beautiful, I especially like the ones in the lower right hand corner, they look clear with color inside. Wow!

6:14 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

SCORE!!!!!!!

looks great!

7:15 PM  
Blogger eireann said...

hey all!

I feel soooo lucky!

Megan, what a generous offer. WOW, I am seriously taken aback. I would always love any old sewing supplies--thread, notions, buttons. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I will email you, too.

Cheers, all!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm! Value Village is my absolute *favorite* for sewing and notions!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

You lucky thing. What a find!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice haul! I am jealous!!! :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

now THAT was a score, BIG TIME!! gee-whiz! I'm working on some button cards myself (using up all those fabric button kits I found) It will be fun to see what we both come up with.

7:52 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

wow, these look gorgeous, what a great find!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home