Monday, September 4

want a piece of my studio? + poetry 2

EDIT: all the packages are gone!

Yikes. Cleaning out the workroom (/living space, now). Didn't I just finish doing this at the old apartment? How can there be so much stuff--after paring down so, so much? I have three cigar boxes and a shoe box. Those are for any notions, trim, ribbon, and bits-and-pieces I want to keep. They'll come to France with me. I know there are probably more efficient ways of packing, but it's comforting to me to put things in their places. To make those places up.
I'll bring fabric, too. Just a few favorite things. I'm still trying to use most of it up--making things for the shops and for myself. And for friends, too. But the fact remains (more than facts alone remain, alas, or I would have MUCH less packing to do) that there are beads and ribbons and fancy Japanese papers and fabric and stuffing and bits and bobbins that I won't take with me. That maybe I would never use? And maybe you would?If you would like a piece of my studio, why don't you email me (ohbara at gmail dot com), and we'll work something out about postage? Then I can send you a lovely package of pretty things. I'd say I have enough for 20 good-sized packages.

---

And--poetry. Thank you all for your comments on the last post. I'd love to keep hearing your thoughts on what I wrote and on what you find in the comments. I'll write more this week.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun, fun. Both the poetry and the pieces of your studio.

More verse tomorrow. For now, bed.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I would love a piece of your studio, fabrics and ribbons especially. Would happy to pay the postage. Hope the whole packing up business is not too stressful.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I´d love some fun mail aswell, and I´d be happy to pay postage if you feel lika mailing to Sweden.

I´m tantkaos@zeta.telenordia.se

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh happy days!
i just emailed so to get in line!
hiwweeeeeeeee.
have a great day!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love a piece of your studio!
my email is info AT lulubeans DOT com.
hope the packing is going well and isn't too stressful.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Oh I would love a piece! Just let me know what I owe ya :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Chrissie Grace said...

I would love some too!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I would love a package too! I love the things I got from you a few months ago. Just let me know how much to paypal you!

angelfunk@mac.com

7:50 AM  
Blogger vintagechica said...

Oh how wonderful...I would love a little smidgeon of your studio too! How generous. I would pay for postage, my email is ssanpedro(at)wi(dot)rr(dot)com. Good luck with all of the packing. It is one of my least favorited things to do. Luckily we dont have to do it that often. Blessings!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the poetry and I would love a piece of your studio! My email is sarah at geekxnerd dot com. Cheers!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I would also love some of your lovely goodies. You always have such wonderful, beautiful things.

Melissa

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to give you my email address

colin158@comcast.net

:)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Are there any pieces of your studio left? I could give one a good home :)
xo.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just emailed you...love the site!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is, all around us,
this country
of original fire.

You know what I mean.

The sky, after all, stops at nothing so something
has to be holding
our bodies
in its rich and timelss stables or else
we would fly away.

...

Listen, whatever it is you try
to do with your life, nothing will ever dazzle you
like the dreams of your body,

its spirit
longing to fly while the dead-weight bones

toss their dark mane and hurry
back into the fields of glittering fire

where everything,
even the great whale,
throbs with song.

-Mary Oliver, from Humpbacks


I love this poem in it's entirety but these first and last stanzas are my favorite. I find this poem so poignant. I'm never able to read it without crying like I did this morning as I read it aloud to my two year old daughter. I've never read poetry to her before. Suddenly, it seemed like a good idea.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Am I too late in posting for a piece of your Studio. I am sure that France will be an amazing experience. I would be glad to pay for postage, I am in Minnesota also.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home